The kitchen is the most lived in room in our house! We spend many hours and memories gathered here. With our simple living lifestyle, it doesn’t make an exception when it comes to cooking tools.
There are five items that I use most often in our kitchen, every day. If I could only have these things, I’d be fine and my cooking would be effected very little.
- Cast Iron Skillet: This is the only skillet I use. Low maintenance, durable and gives good flavor to food. It is usable for stovetop or oven use.
- Silicon Spatula: This is my all time favorite spatula. It works so well with any cooking surface. Is perfect for getting underneath the food and is very manageable with it’s thin, flexible form.
- Sharp Knife: One good sharp knife is really all you need to get the job done. Weather its chopping, slicing or peeling.
- Pressure Cooker/Instant Pot: Basically cooks anything that I can’t do in my skillet. So versatile and easy to use!
- Coffee Maker: Cause’ well, coffee. Ours is an all-in-one grinder coffee maker combo. Keep whole beans in the hopper, water in the tank and it takes care of the rest for you.
Kitchens often have much storage space, but just because it’s there doesn’t mean it all has to be utilized for appliances or tools!