This little gadget is one of those things that we held out on for WAY TOO LONG! It’s the Shark Ion Vacuum. A robot vacuum that has changed the way we live.
We always knew it would be convenient, but weren’t completely sold on the capability to keep up with us, and our small children messes. Boy, were we WRONG!!! We’ve had it for about six months & it never disappoints.
1. The convenience of being able to turn it on and walk out of the house, or do ANYTHING else. I always feel like I’m multitasking! The robot does its job, so I can do something else. I even use it multiple times a day… I KNOW I wouldn’t do that with any other vacuum. Oh, and it’s got WiFi, so you can start it from your phone when you aren’t even home. Or set timers do run at certain times if the day.
2. The battery life is phenomenal! It can run for over an hour before returning to its dock to charge. I don’t remember any time that I vacuumed for an HOUR straight.
3. The suction and transition between flooring types is an ease. It picks up things that our Shark upright wouldn’t even pick up. Then, transitioning from carpet to wood to tile is a non-issue.
1. The canister is smaller than a normal upright. The canister and roller brushes do have to be emptied on a very regular basis, such as, every few uses. I was SHOCKED at the amount it holds for the size of the container though!
2. It doesn’t have a mapping memory, so may not get every spot in the first round. I typically run it at least twice a day though. It’ll usually pickup whatever it missed on the next time around.
3. Kids sometimes think it’s a toy… but hey, so do I. Whatever gets them to do chores, I’m FOR IT!
We would DEFINITELY purchase this item again! We have been so impressed by the durability & capability of this little machine. I haven’t vacuumed in MONTHS, yet my floors are still clean! That’s a WIN.
Get yours HERE!
1. ESV Bible
I’ve been slowly reading through the book of Ruth. My only method of this selection was prayer. So, I followed the lead of the Spirit. Ruth has had me focused on the topic of friendship; What true friendship looks like? How to be a Biblical friend? Friendship goals? I’ve been able to focus on how to be thankful for faithful friends as I read through Ruth
2. The Blessing of Humility
I actually bought is book for my husband for Christmas, along with a few others. However, as it sat on our dresser, I thought maybe I was the one that needed to pick it up, take a read. It was a beautiful picture of the Beatitudes as they are discussed throughout the Bible. Specifically, looking at how each of those are valuable & relevant to our daily lives. He encourages to read it slow, in an effort to take time to think on each specific topic. I was greatly humbled throughout each chapter.
3. The Air I Breathe
This is another one that I purchased on that Christmas book spree. It begins with the truth that all humans are created to worship. We are made to worship something; it’s the state of our hearts that determines what & how we worship. This book was helpful to show me when I look at God in a perspective of how Holy & Wonderful He is; how can I worship ANYTHING else more? It gave good, practical examples of how I’m improperly worshiping many other things & how to put God in the right perspective in my worship.